Sunday, January 18, 2009

Introduction


Welcome


Assalam-o-Alaikum,
     I have started this blog for quite a few reasons. The first one is that I have been studying bonsai literature  for past two year. You can see that I am quite a beginner myself. The thing is that I haven't been able to find any kind of material on bonsai growth and training in Pakistan. I had faced many problems trying to find things out. Because most of the (what I call bonsai tech) things required for bonsai are not available in my city. So I had to look for alternatives for these. I tried different things and failed a lot of times though succeeded a few times too ;) . So I am here to share what I learned and would like to request all the bonsai enthusiastic especially from Pakistan to share there knowledge here too. 

    I need to warn you guys that I have very little practical knowledge. So I will be looking forward to the feedback of experts out there. 

    By the way I will also be adding articles regarding basic bonsai training techniques.  I am a great fan of Junipers as they are in my opinion the best trees which can be made into a bonsai of any style and look most similar to a real tree. So my most focus would be on the junipers though I will also be adding information on other trees too.  

5 comments:

  1. hi,

    Where are you based in Pakistan? i am very interested in learning and growing bosai, My name is Shehzad Rah, I live in Islamabad. my contact no. is 03333301111

    looking forward to hear from you

    Best Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to see that people of the twin city are interested in this great hobby. I have been very busy lately so wasn't able to update my blog. I have written some new articles but need time to complete and publish them. I would be glad to help you out with this art. Mind it that I am also not an expert and you must have read the purpose of this blog. I live in Rawalpindi. You can contact me through my blog or email. My email is waqar786pk@gmail.com. Futhermore read some books on bonsai.It will help you alot. Or follow the links given at the end of my blog.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    If you could tell me where to get a bonsai tree. I would be greatful :) I am in Karachi. If you can sms me I will call you. 03132604248.

    Regards
    Ahsan Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i get bonsai in abbottabad? i love to have it..u should also have the blog for cactus in pakistan...or cold region cactus...?
    i m on google plus
    my name is asif ali
    malaya.it@gmail.com
    i do also have the blog with the name of cactus in pakistan. i do have alot of cactus for which i can take care of..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear that you are interested in bonsai. But I have yet to hear of a nursery or shop where you can get stock bonsai. Most of the enthusiastics in Pakistan grow bonsai at home from normal house plants or small trees,even seedlings.
    I have no info regarding availability of bonsai in abbottabad but you should check out good high standard high fi kind of nurseries. Maybe they have some stock bonsais imported.
    As you can see I am not working on my blog anymore due to my busy schedule,but I do have plans to put books and small guides to start bonsai from nursery stock in Pakistan. but you can start out on bonsai if you interested, just read more on internet and view some pictures of mature bonsai samples. It will help you in getting the idea of how you should preceed.

    regarding cactus, well I am not interested in turning them in bonsai but they might be an interesting prospect for bonsai art. I will look into it further.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't use abusive language. Be modest, otherwise your comments will be deleted.

Powered by FeedBurner